A common problem that most women go through when it comes to dressing up, is how to deal with those extra flab. We try all sorts of tricks to get those shapely curves and hide a bulging tummy to look our prettiest. Sometimes we manage to hit the nail, and other times it lands up in a disaster. But rather than letting failed attempts put you on a low, you instead need to learn a few smart tricks to look your stylish best always. Yes, there’s always a solution. With inputs from Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist at Voonik, and fashion designer Reynu Taandon, we list down 10 ways to hide your tummy:
1. Wear dark colours or busy prints on your upper body. This will help you look slim and will also hide your tummy.
2. Avoid wearing shiny and bright colours on your upper body.
3. Avoid wearing too tight or too loose clothes on your upper body. Too tight clothes will highlight your tummy even more whereas your body will look shapeless if you wear too loose clothes. So try to wear medium fit clothes.
4. Go for mid-rise when it comes to jeans, pants, salwars or skirts. Wear them around your naval. This will help in concealing the tummy.
5. One of the best and easiest ways to get a sleek look while wearing trendy tops is to go for a body suit. They work wonders in shaping the body.
6. Girls tend to buy one size smaller body shapers thinking that it will make them look slimmer but on the contrary this highlights your tummy even more and also feels uncomfortable. Therefor the size of your body shaper should be one size bigger.
7. While buying undergarments make sure you buy mid-rise panties. Avoid low or high-rise.
8. Choose high slits while opting for kurtis. This helps in concealing tummy.
9. Layering is a good technique to conceal flabs. This divides your body into three parts and it helps you in looking slimmer. For example, wearing a contrast coloured jacket on your kurti.
10. With makeup and jewellery like statement earrings and neck pieces, you can spruce up your look and keep the attention on your accessories.
No need to worry about those flab and just look your stylish best.